Odisha Basudha Scheme 2022: CM Naveen Patnaik has laid the foundation of Odisha Basudha Yojana 2022 a much awaited mega water supply project under the Baksi Jagabandhu Assured Water Supply to Habitation (Basudha) scheme. Government of Odisha Launched the Mega Pipe Water Scheme for drinking water supply in 147 water deficient villages of Puri and Ganjam districts. The primary objective of Basudha Yojana is to provide sufficient safe water to the rural people on a permanent basis for drinking and household purposes.
- Odisha Basudha Scheme 2022
- Basudha scheme allocation in Odisha budget 2022
- Portable Pipe Water Supply to All – Mega Pipe Water Scheme
- Basudha Scheme Allocation in Odisha Budget 2022
- Basudha Yojana Helpline Number
- Portable Piped Water Supply to All – Mega Pipe Water Scheme
- Under BASUDHA scheme
- Odisha Basudha Scheme FAQ
Odisha Basudha Scheme 2022
Odisha Basudha Scheme 2022-CM Naveen Patnaik has laid foundation of a much awaited mega water supply project under Buxi Jagabandhu Assured Water Supply to Habitations (BASUDHA) scheme. Odisha govt. launches mega pipe water scheme to supply potable piped water of 147 water scarce villages of Puri and Ganjam districts. The primary objective of the Basudha scheme is to provide adequate safe water to rural people for drinking and domestic purposes on a sustainable basis.
Basudha project was launched on 23 November 2018 at a function organized at Salt Ground in Huma town in Ganjam district through video conferencing. In this article, we will tell you about the complete details of the Odisha Basudha Scheme.
Basudha scheme allocation in Odisha budget 2022
Odisha Basudha Scheme 2022– Now we will first describe the announcement about Basudha scheme in Odisha budget 2021-22.
- 12,000 crore for drinking water from pipes with a huge investment of Rs. 12 crores of which Rs. 2,419 crore under Basudha. 6,300 crores under the Water Life Mission and Rs. 560 crores for the operation and maintenance of water supply systems.
- Off-budget resources such as OMBADC (Rs 2,150 crore) and DMF (Rs 665 crore) have been employed in convergence mode for pipe water supply in 8 mineralized districts.
- Rupee. 395 crore is proposed under the Odisha Integrated Sanitation Improvement Project. 160 crores under urban sewerage. 190 crores under urban sanitation, and Rs. 215 crores under the Swachh Bharat Scheme to keep our cities clean.
- Individual Household Toilets (IHHL) are being provided to each village and township to be certified Open Defecation Free (ODF). Rupee. Provision of 200 crores for the rural component of Swachh Bharat Mission
- Rupee. 30 crore is provided to expand the coverage of the beneficiaries under the distribution of the menstrual hygiene scheme Khushi-sanitary napkin.
Portable Pipe Water Supply to All – Mega Pipe Water Scheme
Odisha Basudha Scheme 2022-Under the Odisha Basudha Scheme 2022 , the state government. It is going to provide drinking water to 147 villages including 55 in Ganjam block and 92 in Krishnaprasad block. This Mega Pipe Water Scheme (PWS) will be implemented by the Panchayati Raj and Drinking Water Department.
Odisha Basudha Scheme 2022-Hyderabad-based GVPR Engineers Limited will implement the project and is expected to benefit the water-deficient villages of Puri and Ganjam districts. This plant originates from the Rushikulya river for about Rs. 203 crores.
Basudha Scheme Allocation in Odisha Budget 2022
- A massive investment of Rs. 12,000 crore for piped drinking water which includes Rs. 2,419 crore under BASUDHA, Rs. 6,300 crore under Jal Jeevan Mission and Rs. 560 crore towards operation and maintenance of water supply systems.
- Off-budget resources like OMBADC (Rs. 2,150 crore) and DMF (Rs. 665 crore) are employed in convergence mode for piped water supply in 8 mineral bearing districts.
- Rs. 395 crore is proposed under Odisha Integrated Sanitation Improvement Project, Rs. 160 crore under Urban Sewerage, Rs. 190 crore under Urban Sanitation, and Rs. 215 crore under the Swachha Bharat Scheme to keep our cities clean.
- Individual Household Latrine (IHHL) being provided to make every village and habitation Open Defecation Free (ODF) certified. Rs. 200 crore is provided for the rural component of the Swachh Bharat Mission
- Rs. 30 crore is provided to expand the coverage of beneficiaries under Odisha Basudha Scheme 2022 the Menstrual Hygiene Scheme KHUSHI‐Distribution of sanitary napkins.
Basudha Yojana Helpline Number
CM has also launched Odisha Basudha Scheme 2022 helpline number 1916 which is a dedicated complaint management initiative for rural water supply in the state. In relation to drinking water supply in rural areas, people can complain on this helpline number from 6 am to 6 pm, all complaints will be redressed within a fixed time frame.
Odisha Basudha Scheme 2022-The Basudha Yojana was first launched in November 2018 as a tribute to Baksi Jagabandhu with an outlay of Rs. 600 crores. The state government has given Rs. 1,000 crores for the scheme in 2018-19. Government of Odisha To ensure that the supplied water meets the required quality standards, Odisha Basudha Scheme 2022 78 state-of-the-art water testing laboratories have been built across Odisha. More than 5 lakh samples are being tested in these laboratories in a year.
Portable Piped Water Supply to All – Mega Pipe Water Scheme
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Cabinet headed by CM Naveen Patanik approved two rural piped water supply projects worth ₹724 Cr for Bargarh under BASUDHA scheme. The projects will be completed in two years Odisha Basudha Scheme 2022 & benefit 515 villages of Barpali, Bheden, Attabira, Bijepur, Gaiselet & Bargarh blocks.
Under BASUDHA scheme
Odisha Basudha Scheme 2022-CM has also launched the Basudha helpline number 1916 which is dedicated grievance management initiative for rural water supply in the state. People can make complaints regarding drinking water supply in rural areas at this helpline number before 6 a.m to 6 p.m. All the grievances are going to be addressed in a given time frame.
The BASUDHA scheme was firstly launched in the November 2018 as a tribute to Buxi Jagabandhu with an outlay of Rs. 600 crore. The state government had provided Rs. 1,000 crore for the scheme in 2018-19. Odisha govt. has build 78 state-of-the-art water testing laboratories across Odisha to ensure that the supplied water meets the necessary quality standards. Over 5 lakh samples are being tested in these laboratories in a particular year.
Odisha Basudha Scheme FAQ
What is the situation of water supply in rural areas?
Odisha Basudha Scheme 2022–The poor rural population lack access to basic water supply (900 million) and safe sanitation, which result not only in tremendous human health and economic costs but also create gender and other societal inequalities .
What is RWSS Department?
Odisha Basudha Scheme 2022-About Rural Drinking Water and Sanitation Department ODISHA : Rural Drinking Water and Sanitation Department (RDWSD) is working towards ensuring sanitation and provide clean drinking water .
Who is the Panchayat Raj Minister of Odisha?
Shri Pratap Jena
Shri Suranjan Pradhan
PS to Hon’ble Minister
Why the rural water supply scheme was started?
Odisha Basudha Scheme 2022-The Government of India launched the Accelerated Rural Water Supply Programme (ARWSP) in 1972-73 to ensure provision of adequate drinking water supply to the rural community through the Public Health Engineering System.