Find Top mesothelioma lawyers near me-A Best mesothelioma lawyer specializes in asbestos compensation through litigation such as settlements and asbestos lawsuits. The best mesothelioma lawyers work for well-established nationwide law firms with proven track records. Asbestos attorneys can help families suffering from a mesothelioma diagnosis get compensation to help cover associated costs.
mesothelioma lawyers near me
Find Top mesothelioma lawyers near me-While the Best thought of filing a claim and possibly going to court may seem overwhelming, don’t worry — that’s what a mesothelioma lawyer handles for you.
At Sokolove Law, an experienced mesothelioma attorney will guide you through each step of the legal process, working to minimize the disruption to your life and maximize the potential compensation in your case.
Each claim is different, but usually, your mesothelioma lawyer:
- Files the complaint: Your attorney will draft and file a legal complaint against the manufacturer(s) of the asbestos-containing products you were exposed to.
- Obtains the evidence: During the discovery phase of the case, your legal team and mesothelioma attorney collect the evidence necessary to try the case.
- Settles the case: Most of the time, mesothelioma attorneys are able to settle a case instead of having to take it to court.
- Tries the case: If both parties can’t agree on a settlement, your case will go to trial before a jury, who ultimately decides the outcome of the case. Your mesothelioma lawyer will fight on your behalf in court.
What Are the Qualities of a Successful Mesothelioma Attorney?
Find Top mesothelioma lawyers near me-Experienced mesothelioma lawyers specializes in asbestos litigation, including mesothelioma lawsuits, settlements and claims against asbestos trust funds. Some of the top asbestos lawyers work for well-established national law firms such as Weitz & Luxenberg and Simmons Hanly Conroy.
These attorneys have experience successfully representing mesothelioma cancer patients and their families to obtain the largest possible recoveries.
Types of Mesothelioma Claims Asbestos Lawyers Handle
Find Top mesothelioma lawyers near me-A qualified asbestos lawyer will help you decide the best way to pursue compensation for your injury, whether it’s through a mesothelioma lawsuit or by a claim made to an asbestos trust fund.
Some of the top mesothelioma law firms have on-staff military veterans who help other veterans receive compensation for asbestos-related illnesses through VA claims and other forms of legal claims.
Top Mesothelioma Law Firms
Find Top mesothelioma lawyers near me-The best asbestos lawyers are found at the top mesothelioma law firms. These firms have a team of attorneys who specialize in asbestos litigation. They have a proven track record of winning cases and negotiating settlements for people affected by mesothelioma.
According to a leading industry report, the nation’s top 10 mesothelioma law firms handle more than 70% of annual mesothelioma claims.
- Weitz & LuxenbergWeitz & Luxenberg is a national firm headquartered in New York City. For more than 30 years, it has helped families affected by mesothelioma. The firm has worked on more than 33,000 asbestos cases and secured more than $8.5 billion through verdicts and settlements for their clients.
- Simmons Hanly ConroySimmons Hanly Conroy is headquartered in Alton, Illinois, and has other offices around the country. The firm has recovered more than $9 billion for victims of asbestos exposure since it was founded in 1999. Its lawyers secured the largest single plaintiff mesothelioma verdict in U.S. history with a $250 million-dollar verdict for a steel worker in 2003.
- Cooney & ConwayCooney & Conway is a national firm based in Chicago. It has handled mesothelioma and asbestos lawsuits since 1973. The firm has recovered billions of dollars in compensation for its clients, including thousands of million-dollar settlements and numerous multimillion-dollar verdicts.
- Nemeroff Law FirmNemeroff Law has recovered more than $500 million for families facing mesothelioma, including several verdicts exceeding $10 million each. The firm handles cases throughout the U.S. with offices in Park City, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Dallas and Houston.
- Galiher DeRobertis & WaxmanGaliher DeRobertis & Waxman has served victims of mesothelioma for more than 35 years, which has allowed the national firm to develop an unparalleled database of evidence against asbestos product manufacturers. The firm handles cases throughout the U.S. with offices in Dallas, Los Angeles and Honolulu.
Find Top mesothelioma lawyers near me here are some things to look for:
- A Successful Track Record
Sokolove Law has recovered over $4.9 Billion for victims of asbestos-related diseases and their families. Our firm’s asbestos attorneys have the specific skills and knowledge needed to maximize your mesothelioma compensation.
- A Nationwide Network
Our experienced mesothelioma attorneys help provide equal access to our nation’s court system — regardless of a potential victim’s location, income, or race. We know the individual laws of each state and have experience practicing across America. Our national reach allows us to help victims in any state.
- Database Access
Sokolove Law and our asbestos attorneys have access to extensive databases with a wealth of information regarding asbestos exposure locations, manufacturers, and job sites.
Types of Claims Mesothelioma Lawyers Handle
Find Top mesothelioma lawyers near me-At Sokolove Law, the mesothelioma lawyers who represent you are experienced personal injury attorneys who seek justice and financial compensation for victims of mesothelioma. The path forward in any asbestos case varies according to the unique details of each case.
In general, mesothelioma attorneys seek compensation for their clients through the following types of claims.
Find Top mesothelioma lawyers near me FAQ
Who is eligible to file a mesothelioma lawsuit?
Find Top mesothelioma lawyers near me-Mesothelioma patients, their immediate family members, or their estate representative may be eligible to receive compensation from the manufacturers of the dangerous asbestos-containing products that caused the disease.
When should I contact a mesothelioma lawyer?
Find Top mesothelioma lawyers near me-The unfortunate reality is that due to statutes of limitations, families have only a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit.
Mesothelioma statutes of limitations vary by state — and some are as short as one year from your date of diagnosis. Once the statute of limitations has expired, victims and their loved ones will never be able to file a mesothelioma lawsuit.
Why should I hire a mesothelioma lawyer?
Find Top mesothelioma lawyers near me-Asbestos litigation is extremely complex, and state laws differ across the United States. Without an experienced mesothelioma asbestos lawyer by your side, the legal process can be overwhelming, especially when you may be battling a rare cancer like mesothelioma.
When you work with Sokolove Law, your mesothelioma legal team can handle gathering the evidence for your case, filing the paperwork before any deadlines, and potentially going to court on your behalf, so you can focus on your health and family.
How do I prove asbestos caused my mesothelioma diagnosis?
Find Top mesothelioma lawyers near me-Asbestos exposure is the only known cause of mesothelioma. If you’ve been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you were exposed at some point to asbestos usually through your workplace or through secondhand exposure from a loved one who worked with asbestos.
Will I need to travel to meet with my mesothelioma attorneys?
Find Top mesothelioma lawyers near me-If you’re eligible to file a mesothelioma claim, our asbestos attorneys will travel to you and work around your schedule. We can be there fast, even the next day, to answer any questions you have and to walk you through the legal process.
Who is eligible to file a mesothelioma lawsuit?
Find Top mesothelioma lawyers near me-The Best ,If you have received a mesothelioma diagnosis, you or your family may be eligible to file an asbestos personal injury lawsuit, or a mesothelioma lawsuit after death, against companies responsible for your cancer. An asbestos attorney will review your eligibility factors to file an asbestos claim, including statutes of limitations, asbestos exposure history and medical records proving your diagnosis.