Check your PF Balance if your PF account number starts with OR/BBS. If you have a PF number starting with OR/BBS that is tagged to Bhubaneswar PF office, then you can follow any of the methods below. All the PF numbers are tagged to a UAN account, if you don’t have a UAN, then get the UAN by following the below steps.
- EPF Claim Status of Check PF Balance Odisha
- Check PF Balance Odisha Office Bhubaneshwar
- Various methods to check claim status
- Checking the claim status online
- Steps to know or check your EPF account balance.
- Recast EPF pension structure Says CM Odisha
- Checking the claim status
- Check PF Balance Odisha By giving a missed call
- Check PF Balance Odisha By sending an SMS
- Check PF Balance Odisha By using the UMANG app
- How to Check EPF Balance of Exempted Establishments Trusts
- EPF Balance for inoperative Accounts
- Check PF Balance Odisha FAQ
EPF Claim Status of Check PF Balance Odisha
Employees will be able to check PF status of the claim after Check PF Balance Odisha they have applied to withdraw their EPF funds. The withdrawal of the EPF amount is simple from the time the EPFO launched the Universal Account Number (UAN), and the process can be completed online. However, in order to claim the EPF amount online, it is mandatory for employees to activate their UAN. The process for the activation can be done on the EPFO portal.
In order for employees to check the status of their claim, the below-mentioned details must be available with them:
- Company details
- Extension code if it needs to be provided
- Employer’s EPF Regional Office
- Universal Account Number
Check PF Balance Odisha Office Bhubaneshwar
PF Office Bhubaneshwar Check PF Balance Odisha address Below is detailed information of PF Office. with contact numbers of Regional PF Commissioner, Public Relation Officer and Assistant PF Commissioner. Employees Provident Fund Organisation Bhubaneshwar is giving the online facility to the members of EPFO. The members can also download the forms by visiting to the official website of EPFO.
Various methods to check claim status
Employees Check PF Balance Odisha will be able to check the status of the claims by following one of the below-mentioned methods:
Checking the claim status online
Employees Check PF Balance Odisha must follow the below-mentioned procedure in case they want to check PF status online:
- Initially, employees must visit the official website of the EPFO.
- The next step would be to click on ‘For Employees’. This can be found under the ‘Our Services’ menu.
- On the next page, employees must click on ‘Know Your Claim Status’. The link is provided under ‘Services’.
- On the next page, the employee must enter his/her UAN and captcha details. Once the details are entered the employee must click on ‘Search’.
- On the next page, the employee must enter the PF number, establishment code, the PF office (under the drop-down menu), and the state where the PF office is present.
- Once the above-mentioned details are entered, the employer must click on ‘Submit’. The status of the claim will be displayed on the screen.
In order to help employees who have applied to PF withdrawal amount, the EPFO updates them via SMS that is sent to their registered mobile number. An SMS is sent to the employee under the below-mentioned circumstances:
- Once the application of the claim is received.
- Once the funds have been transferred to the employee’s bank account.
Employees can also check the status of their claim by logging in to their UAN portal. The procedure to log in to the EPFO portal is mentioned below:
Steps to know or check your EPF account balance.
- Step 1: Keep your EPFO account number ready with you. It is mentioned on your salary slip or collect it from HR Dept. of your organisation.
- Step 2: Click the link to Check Your EPF balance on the EPFO website, http://www.epfindia.gov.in/
- Step 3: Click on “Know Your EPF Balance” and then Select the state where your PF office is situated.
- Step 4: Select the appropriate EPFO regional office. Knowing this is not a difficult task. Your PF number is an alpha-numeric number and the first two letters stand for regional office. For example, if the your PF number is DL/12345/6789 then choose DL as regional office code.
- Step 5: Fill the online form with your name (as it appears on salary slip), your mobile number and your PF number. In thefirst box, you need to Enter / Key in seven digits. So, in the example cited above, the set of number has only 5 digits, 12345. Here you have to add 00 in the first two boxes. Next box, fill in the three digit establishment code or leave it blank if you don’t have one. Finally, the account number 6789 in the last box, and Click on Submit.
- Step 6:You will receive an SMS in few minutes , around less than 5 minutes with your EPFO account balance, if your records are updated with EPFO office. Or else it will show data not found. You may have to get in touch with your employer HR Dept. in that case, or wait a bit longer for your data to be updated.
Recast EPF pension structure Says CM Odisha
Drawing Check PF Balance Odisha attention of the Centre to the plight of around 1.62 lakh EPF pensioners in the State, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Thursday sought recasting of the pension structure.
Drawing the attention of the Centre to the plight of around 1.62 lakh EPF pensioners in the State, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Thursday sought recasting of the pension structure.
Beneficiaries of the Employees’ Pension Scheme-1995, managed by Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO), are being given a paltry amount, the Chief Minister wrote in a letter to Santosh Kumar Gangwar, Union Minister of State (Independent Charge), Labour and Employment.
I would like to draw your attention to the plight of around 1.62 lakh EPF pensioners who with a paltry monthly pension are facing hardships in their advanced age”, the Chief Minister said. Stating that time and again EPS-95 pensioners’ associations are putting forth their demand for revision of minimum pension by the Centre, he said the beneficiaries have submitted a memorandum to the State government too.
The pensioners are also citing a recommendation by the Petition Committee headed by Rajya Sabha MP Bhagar Singh Koshyari in 2013 for enhancement of monthly pension, which they understand is pending at the Centre for consideration, Naveen said. “The grievances of these pensioners deserve sympathetic consideration at your end as they had contributed to nation building at their prime age.
And now they should be protected by the State with reasonable financial and social security”, he said. This can be ensured by recasting their pension structure for which they have been pursuing at every level, the Chief Minister said.
Checking the claim status
- First, employees must visit the EPFO portal where they can log in to the UAN portal (https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/). The employee must enter his/her UAN, password, and captcha details. Once the details are entered, the employee must click on ‘Sign in’.
- Once the employee has logged in to the UAN portal, he/she must click on ‘Track Claim Status’ which can be found under ‘Online Services’.
- On the next page, the details of the “Online Claim Status” will be displayed on the screen.
- Once you scroll down, the details of “Transfer Claim Status” will be displayed on the screen .
Check PF Balance Odisha By giving a missed call
Employees Check PF Balance Odisha can check the status of their claim by giving a missed call to 011-22901406 from their registered mobile number. However, the employee must link the mobile number with their UAN. The employee must also update his/her Aadhaar, Permanent Account Number (PAN), and bank account details on the UAN portal.
The employee does not incur any charges as the call would get disconnected after two rings. The details of the claim will be received via SMS on the registered mobile number.
Check PF Balance Odisha By sending an SMS
Check PF Balance Odisha Employees can check the status of their claim by sending an SMS. The employee must link their mobile with the UAN portal and the SMS must be sent from that mobile number. The format of the SMS must be “EPFOHO UAN LAN”, and it must be sent to 7738299899. In the format, ‘LAN’ is the language the employee would like to receive the details in. Below mentioned is the table for the various languages and the codes that the SMS facility is available in:
Check PF Balance Odisha By using the UMANG app
Employees can also check various details regarding their PF such as balance available, claim status, etc., by using the Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance (UMANG) app. The UMANG app must be downloaded and is available in both iOS and Android platforms.
Here is a step-by-step procedure to track your PF claim on the UMANG App:
- Download and install the UMANG app from the Play Store or App Store. Next, log in to your EPFO account, you will have two options, viz. ‘MPIN’ and ‘Login with OTP’. Enter your mobile number and choose your preferred option.
- If you choose ‘Login with OTP’, you will have receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter it in the provided space to log in to your account.
- After you have entered your OTP, click on ‘Login’.
- Once you log in, you will be redirected to the main page of the EPFO portal. Here, you will have to select ‘Employee Centric Services’.
- Next, select ‘Track Claim’ and you will be redirected to the page where you can track your claim status.
- This page shows your claim status. In case you have no claims, the screen will appear as below. But if you do have claims, the screen will show the details of the claim status.
Some of the services available on the UMANG app are mentioned below:
- Passbook can be viewed
- Claims can be raised
- Claims status can be checked
- PF claims can be checked
- Establishments can be searched
- Location of the EPFO office can be searched
- Temporary Return Reference Number (TRRN) status can be acquired
How to Check EPF Balance of Exempted Establishments Trusts
Check PF Balance Odisha Since the EPF contribution, in the case of an exempted establishment or private trust, goes to the company managed trusts rather than the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation, only the company managed trust can reveal an employee’s PF account balance. There is no common method for checking PF balance when it comes to EPF accounts maintained with exempted establishments. The EPFO does not provide passbook facility for the members of exempted establishments.
According to the Employee Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952, some employers can manage their own PF schemes for their employees. Exempted establishments are large companies like Godrej, HDFC, Nestle, Wipro, TCS, Infosys, etc. that have in-house EPF trusts and are exempted from contributing their EPF corpus to the EPFO. These exempted establishments can manage the EPF corpus with their own trusts. However, these trusts are expected to provide higher returns than the EPFO-managed fund. The same rules for EPF contribution to EPFO apply to these trusts as well.
Employees of such exempted establishments can check their EPF balance in the following 4 ways:
- Check your PF slip or payslip: Most big establishments, provide salary slips to their employees via internal emails. Employees can check their payslips for EPF account balance. Some companies also give EPF slip in addition to the salary slip. Employees can find their monthly contributions as well as their EPF account balance in that slip.
- Check the company’s employee portal: Most large companies maintain a company website on which employees can log in and check their EPF account balance in the EPF section. Wipro and TCS are an example of such companies that provide the online facility to check one’s EPF account balance and get PF statement.
- Check with the company’s HR department: Employees contact the company’s HR department as it deals with the employees’ PF and is better able to provide the related details.
- Track your contributions: Employees can keep track of their monthly contributions by checking their salary slips and thus calculate the annual EPF balance. Use the interest rate set by the EPFO for EPF interest calculation. Keep in mind, a fixed sum of money (up to Rs.1,250 per month) goes to the EPS account.
EPF Balance for inoperative Accounts
Check PF Balance Odisha According to a notification issued by Government in November 2016, even the dormant accounts will continue to accrue interests and it will not be classified as inoperative anymore. EPFO had stopped paying interest to dormant accounts since 2011. But once the new amendment comes into effect, all inoperative accounts will receive interests at the rate of 8.5% per annum.The contribution will be made till you attain the age of 58 years or until the withdrawal date whichever is earlier.
Earlier, accounts turned inoperative chiefly due to two reasons—the cumbersome processes involved in EPF transfer and employees preferring to open new accounts while switching jobs. Communication gap between current and previous employers of an individual also contributes largely to the same. In cases where employees are unable to track the details of their old inoperative accounts, they can approach the EPFO help-desk and get the balance in those accounts transferred to the current one.
Check PF Balance Odisha FAQ
What are Form 10C and Form 19?
Form 10C is for pension withdrawal and for Provident Fund withdrawal, it is Form 19.
Is it possible for individuals to check the EPF balance of their previous organisation?
Yes, it is possible for individuals to check their previous organisation’s EPF balance. Once individuals’ log in to EPFO portal using their Universal Account Number (UAN), they will be able to check the balance by clicking on the respective Member ID. All previous Member IDs that have been linked to the UAN will be visible on the portal.
Can an employer reduce their share of contribution towards the EPF?
No, employers cannot reduce their share of contribution towards EPF. It is against the law for employers to reduce their contribution.
Can employees continue to make contributions towards the EPF even after their resignation?
No, employees cannot make contributions towards the EPF after their resignation. The contribution of the employer and employee must match, and since there is no contribution made by the employer, the employee cannot make any contribution as well.
Is it possible to use the PAN number to check the EPF balance?
To check the EPF balance, the PAN is not required. However, to avail a variety of online services, it is important that the UAN and EPF are linked.
Is it possible to check the EPF balance using Aadhaar number?
No, it is not possible to check the EPF balance using the Aadhaar number. EPF balance can be checked online only by using the UAN.